Research in GREiA
– developing and characterizing materials,
– evaluating and improving heat exchange,
– conducting laboratory and pilot plant experimentation,
– modeling at the level of components and systems, using EES, C ++, Energy +, COMSOL, etc.,
– always including energy optimization.
The contribution to sustainable materials focuses on materials with low environmental impact, the use of by-products and wastes and the life cycle analysis (LCA) of materials and systems. As for artificial intelligence, predictive control and deep learning techniques are being applied in hybrid energy systems (TES, photovoltaic, network, etc.) that allow optimal planning of operations. Through an efficient coding of the problem and a correct integration of optimization and machine learning tools, optimal control of the systems is achieved in real time.
GREiA and its synergy with companies
Although our extensive experience is in the field of energy and artificial intelligence, companies from different sectors (construction, 3D printers, pneumatic waste collection, …) have contacted the group to establish different collaborations.
The GREiA Research Group at University of Lleida works on the fields
of Thermal energy storage, building energy efficiency, artificial intelligence
and energy usage optimization.